Distribution Manager – Talladega, Alabama
We have an excellent career opportunity available for a Distribution Manager to lead the order fulfillment, distribution, transportation, customer service and inventory management activities in our Talladega Distribution Center. Responsibilities of a Distribution Manager include the following:
- Oversees the accurate and timely fulfillment of orders including the warehousing, delivery and transportation of these orders to our customers.
- Manages the inventory control processes of all products and materials in the facility. Assists with cycle counts and physical inventory. Ensures all inventory discrepancies are communicated and resolved.
- Responsible for the leadership of all distribution and transportation associates. Establishes goals and implements action plans to achieve operational and customer satisfaction goals. Actively directs and coaches a team of associates in the following areas to ensure success:
- Consistent setting of expectations
- Achievement of operating efficiencies
- Recognition and development of workforce performance
- Adherence to company, safety, federal, state, and operational policies
- Hiring and training of team members
- Timely resolving of conflicts and problems
- Enforcement of safety and housekeeping standards
- Adherence to budget
- Communicates performance efficiencies, successes, major issues, capital expenditures, opportunities for improvement and potential problems. Provides recommendations for growth, cost savings and productivity improvements. Demonstrates a strong passion for process improvements leading to accurate customer orders, expense reduction and increased productivity.
- Drives individual and group collaboration. Demonstrates a commitment to talent development and retention. Coaches, supports and holds other accountable for their actions and results.
- Manages the facility’s budget and enforces the budget requirements to ensure P&L success of the distribution and transportation activities. Communicates any discrepancies, major cost impacts and cost savings initiatives to the budget. Ensures any changes and adjustments are approved.
- Reviews and analyzes operational reports and makes strategic recommendations to improve efficiency, cost effectiveness, and/or customer satisfaction with regards to delivery schedule changes, route adjustments for all shipments, and changes to UPS/Fed Ex, common carrier, or third party shipments.
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA, EPA and DOT rules and regulations as well as any federal or state law or regulation for the facility.
- Ensures the facility has adequate back-up delivery agents to ensure 100% customer service by providing timely delivery and customer assistance. Collaborates the National Transportation Manager and other department leaders to ensure sound decisions are consistently applied to improve and sustain overall cost to serve the customer.
- Maintains a security program that ensures the company’s products, materials and equipment are secure at all times and report any unauthorized entries at the facility. Immediately investigates security issues and reports findings with regard to burglaries, theft, vandalism, or missing inventory.
- Accurately maintains and reports information on performance. Recommends improvements based on these metrics and implements action plans that improve the results to ensure the distribution and transportation goals are met.
Qualified candidates must possess at least 7 years of management experience in distribution, warehousing and transportation in a pick/pack warehousing environment. A bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations, and/or a business related field is preferred. Candidates must have demonstrated success at leading and managing others in a fast pace and complex operation. A strong background in inventory management and DOT knowledge is required.
We are looking for a hands-on leader with a passion for process improvement, collaboration, talent development, retention and coaching others. Proven ability to motivate others and hold a team accountable to achieve positive results. A customer service focused individual who operates with positive values and principles. Candidates must have the ability to build a team that is committed to the operational direction and success of the business.
This role requires a detailed individual with strong analysis skills who can recognize problems and use logical judgment to make sound decisions. Must have the ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) at all levels in the organization and successfully manage multiple priorities at one time. Candidates must be proficient using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Candidates must live in a commutable distance to Talladega, Alabama.